Migrant Services – BMSS
Bundaberg Migrant Settlement Services Program – BMSS
BMSS helps migrants to settle in Australia
BMSS aims to assist by:
- connecting people and services through events and regular activities such as sewing circle, continental café.
- helping to fill out forms.
- providing assistance when dealing with government departments.
- giving referrals to appropriate service providers
- providing general information concerning settlement and citizenship.
- providing advocacy.
- advising you about how to get your skills and qualifications recognised.
- providing connections for family violence situations.
- holding information education and training sessions.
BMSS is federally funded by the Department of Social Services. The government’s aim is to assist eligible entrants to settle, become self-reliant and participate equitably in Australian society as soon as possible after arrival.
- Are in the first five (5) years in Australia.
- Are on a humanitarian, refugee or family visa.
- Are on the path to permanent residency/citizenship.
BMSS helps achieve this by:
- Working in communities to support responsive local services, building capacity and community connections, and create a welcoming environment and opportunities for new arrivals.
- Working with individuals through the provision of casework services to connect them to mainstream services.
- Connecting individuals and groups to government – by promoting access and equity by playing a brokerage and advocacy role with government agencies on behalf of new communities.
You are invited to come our “Around the World” Continental Café!! This will be held on Tuesday 9 October 2018 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at the Bundaberg and District Neighbourhood Centre. We ask for a donation of $5 for each meal which includes a main course, dessert and...read more
What a great Citizenship Test Workshop last night at the Bundaberg & District Neighbourhood Centre! Brian Kelleher from Ward Keller Lawyers presented a lot of very useful material regarding the new Citizenship test requirements. People who attended gave positive...read more
(07) 4153 1614
Start by connecting with BNC
Where you are always welcome and we can guide you to the right place.